Marriage starts after the wedding day. Amidst all the excitement of the white dress, the beautiful decor, the cake and the guests, remember that you are promising each other forever. It’s easy to stay married when everything is sunshine and rainbows but what do you do when problems arise?
Here are some quotes I found that you can live by to help you on this journey.
- Congratulations for embarking on life’s journey called marriage which is either a two way street between compromise and sacrifice or a one way street to divorce. (Anonymous)
- Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love and they blossom when we love the ones we marry. (Tim Mullen)
- Have a good and godly marriage that shows the world Christ’s love through how you sacrificially love and serve one another. (John Stange)
- When you make the sacrifice in marriage, you’re sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship. (Joseph Campbell)
- Both people need to care deeply about the other person, to put the other’s needs before their own, and to make a daily commitment to that person to stick it out. (Alessandra Torre)
- Remember to treat your spouse the way Christ expects, not the way they deserve.(Excerpt from the book Blue to Bliss: Creating your happily every after in the early years) by Ngina Otiende
- Talk early and often before resentment builds up and assumptions are made. (Anonymous)
- Great marriages are built brick by brick, day by day, over the course of a lifetime (Dieter F. Uchtdorf)
- You can lose the best thing you have by looking for something better (Adaeze Chiwoko – Marriage Coach)
- A strong marriage rarely has two people strong at the same time.It is a husband and wife who take turns being strong for each other in the moment the other is weak.(Ashley Willis)
- One way to get the last word is to apologize. (Anonymous)
These alone probably won’t guarantee a good marriage but they are certainly a good place to start.